Studsvik has a vast wealth of experience licensing and operating nuclear facilities and waste disposal repositories. Our direct operating expertise means we understand the needs and requirements of regulators and are able to provide expert advice to operators ensuring costly delays are avoided.
Studsvik understand the licensing process for facilities that handle radioactive materials having operated nuclear licensed sites for over 60 years. We have also led the way in applying for and receiving the first nuclear site license for over 20 years in the UK in 2007. This experience can be applied to support our customer’s licensing programs who benefit from the lessons we have learned which reduces costly delays and improves the customers rapport with both the regulators and stakeholders. The services we provide include:
- Intelligent customer support
- Regulatory review and programing
- Options assessment and design justification
- Strategic planning and business case support
- Processes and procedures to meet regulatory requirements
- Radiation protection advise and safe working practice