Studsvik provide expert nuclear safety analysis to ensure key areas of safety analysis and risk assessment are based on extensive experience, international best practice and nuclear industry accepted procedures and protocols. Our support ensures safe operations can be maintained, waste is disposed of safely both now and for future generations and all stakeholders have confidence in the conclusions and recommendations.
Studsvik has a range of capabilities that allow us to produce full Safety Analysis Reports (SAR) as well as provide specific impact assessments covering flora, fauna and humans. Our experts have extensive experience of providing support to the nuclear industry and industrial operations to demonstrate to themselves and their regulators that the processes and operations being developed will be safe and radiological dose will be kept as low as reasonably achievable.
Key skills include:
- Radiological Impact Assessment
- Release of radionuclides from a facility or repository
- Atmospheric transport to receptor
- Doses from inhalation outdoors
- On-site residence
- Human intrusion
- Groundwater pathway modelling
- Waste Acceptance Criteria
- Waste Packaging Specification
- Evaluation of long-term performance
- Design justification
- Options selection and underpinning