Studsvik supports customers in the nuclear industry, as well as those in environmental and other industries who manage radioactivity and radioactive materials.
A Global Company
Studsvik is a truly international company, and we support customers across Europe, North America, Asia including Japan, China, and the Middle East.
The Nuclear Industry
Studsvik operates mainly in the nuclear industry, where it supports a wide range of customers across the whole of the nuclear power and fuel lifecycle. This includes:
- Pre-Operations: including research and development, development, design, and licensing of nuclear reactors, fuel and other nuclear facilities.
- Operations: Optimizing operations, improving efficiency and supporting lifetime enhancement and extension.
- Post-Operations: including Post Operational Clean Out (POCO) and spent fuel management
Nuclear Decommissioning and Waste Management
- Planning, strategy, and licensing for decommissioning
- Implementation of decommissioning projects
- Nuclear waste management
- Waste repositories and disposal
We support the full spectrum of customers involved in the nuclear industry, including:
- Nuclear utilities, owners and operators
- Nuclear reactor and technology vendors
- Regulators and authorities
- Government agencies
- The nuclear supply chain, including engineering and project management delivery companies
- Research organizations, councils and networks
Environmental and other Industries
There are many industries which are not part of the nuclear industry, but do however use, produce or manage radioactive materials as part of their core business. This includes for example using radioactive sources, or managing Naturally Occurring Radioactive Material (NORM) arising as a waste stream of mineral or other extraction processes. Studsvik is experienced in applying its technical know-how in the safe and effective management of radioactivity and radioactive materials, whether arising from man-made nuclear industry or naturally occurring as a result of other environmental activity. Our customers can focus on their core business, with confidence that Studsvik will support seamless and efficient compliance and management of radioactive issues.
Studsvik supports extensively customers in the following sectors:
- Oil and gas
- Mineral extraction and mining
- Industrial and environmental
- Government and radiological emergency response