This is a senior engineering position that will provide technical expertise and leadership in a specific engineering discipline in the design, development, and implementation of engineering solutions to complex projects. This position requires excellent project management and financial skills from conception to conclusion.
Essential Duties (Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Serve as project manager, task leader/planner or project expert in multifaceted projects.
- Lead teams or work individually in developing engineering solutions to complex problems.
- Coordinate project planning, organization, control integration and completion. Assist in the development of project budget.
- Plan and formulate engineering programs and propose staffing arrangements in accordance with project objectives and requirements.
- Assist with staff development or mentoring.
- Serve as a senior technical expert and resource for other staff.
- Take a leadership role in business development efforts by participating in proposal development and marketing activities as requested by management. Assist in the development of proposals, cost estimates, formulation of designs and specifications.
- Compile and present results of complex engineering studies to audiences with a broad spectrum of technical expertise.
- Direct teams in the preparation of interim and completion project reports.
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions and presentations and project documentation.
- Responsible for analyzing project objectives and desired outcomes and for developing cost effective task plans to complete work on time and within budget.
- Accountable for client satisfaction in assigned area and for the maintenance and renewal of business opportunities.
Other Duties(Additional duties may be assigned.)
- Participate in the expansion of Company business/client base through direct marketing activities as directed by management.
- Work with other task team members and leaders. Extensive contact with client representatives and technical personnel. Extensive contact with peers in other Studsvik divisions.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university is required.
Minimum of five years related work experience and/or training is essential.
Project management experience preferred.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Attributes or Competencies
- Professional knowledge.
- Program / project management.
- Decision making and analysis.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Engineering design and analysis.
- Team work.
Extensive travel is required often for extended periods. Travel may include both domestic and international trips.