This is an engineering position that will provide technical expertise in a specific engineering discipline in the design, development, and implementation of engineering solutions to complex projects. The position may involve the management of tasks or small teams.
Essential Duties (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Design and present proposed solutions to problems.
- Coordinate task planning, organization, control integration and completion. Assist in the development of a project budget.
- Serve as task leader/planner or project expert in assigned area of responsibility.
- Prepare interim and completion project reports.
- Convey results and findings by means of oral discussions and presentations and project documentation.
- Assist in the development of proposals, cost estimates, formulation of designs and specifications.
- Compile and present results of complex engineering studies to audiences with a broad spectrum of technical expertise.
- Analyze project objectives and desired outcomes and develop cost effective task plans to complete work on time and within budget.
Other Duties (Additional duties may be assigned)
- Participate in the expansion of Company business/client base through direct marketing activities as directed by management.
- Work with other task team members including extensive contact with client representatives and technical personnel as well as with peers in other Studsvik divisions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university is required. Preferred majors include chemical, nuclear or mechanical engineering.
- Three to five years related work experience and/or training is essential.
Attributes or Competencies
- Science and engineering aptitude.
- Decision making and analysis
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Engineering design and analysis.
- Team work.
- Relationship building and maintenance.
Travel may be required for extended periods and may include both domestic and international trips.